You will better understand the written tutorial below once to have taken Basics & Beyond's groomers training course and see the diagrams.
1. Prepare a clean crate the proper size
for the dog. Place a clean towel down for the dog to lie on.
2. Use medicated ear powder in the ear and pull hair out of the ear canal using
your fingers or forceps. Do not pull anything that you cannot see. Thoroughly
clean the ears with ear cleaner and a cotton ball.
3. Thoroughly brush dog removing any tangles.
4. Trim between and under the eyes. With a #10 blade shave under the tummy
and under the tail keeping the blade flat with the skin to prevent clipper burn.
5. Have Kwik-Stop styptic powder on hand and the clip the nails.
6. Bathe dog twice and rinse well.
7. Fluff dry (Brush while drying) until almost dry. Finish drying in a crate.
8. Clip all the face unless a mustache or Teddy Bear head is preferred. Clip the
base of the tail against the grain with a #10 or #15 blade to usually about 1/3 the length of the tail.
9. Clip the feet, tummy and tail area with a #10 blade.
10. Trim any scraggly hairs.
11. Clip the tail in a pom.
12. Look over the dog to make sure no hair is hanging or out of place.
13. Spray with cologne. You may use hair spray on the topknot. Just make sure
you cover the dog’s eyes and be careful not to spray it in the nose.